Friday, January 20, 2017

My Top 5 Travel Bucket List

We all have bucket lists, lists of things we want to do in life. I have a pretty long bucket list. I have actually separated my bucket list into sub lists. This is my Travel Bucket List. I'm not going to list all the places I want to go to, just a few of my top choices. 

1. Scotland

The specific places I really want to go see in Scotland are Loch Ness and Isle of Skye. According to Wikipedia, Loch Ness is a large, deep, freshwater loch in the Scottish Highlands extending for approximately 23 miles southwest of Inverness. Maybe I'll even catch a glimpse of the world famous Loch Ness Monster, also known as Nessie. 
Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness

The Isle of Skye is known for its rugged landscapes, picturesque fishing villages, and medieval castles. That in itself sounds like heaven to me and I could spend weeks just exploring. However, there is one magical place that I really want to go see and that is the Fairy Pools. The Fairy Pools are a natural waterfall phenomenon in Glen Brittle on the Isle of Skye. The photos that I have seen are absolutely stunning and I truly want to go there and experience the magic of the place for myself so very much.


2. Ireland

I'm not sure specifically where I would like to go in Ireland as of yet. I know I would probably like to visit some places that may be considered to be "magical". I'm certainly interested in visiting castles and waterfalls and hopefully seeing a fairy. There are so many beautiful places in Ireland.
Cashel Castle
3. Greece

Greece has some of the most beautiful, picturesque, perfectly luxe islands on which to escape and I would love to spend quality time on several of them for extended lengths of time. I would simply enjoy the tranquility of the ocean and the fresh air. Long walks and fresh food would be healthy for me as well. Ah Greece, how you call my name.
Seychelles Beach
4. Tokyo

Now I know so far the places I have listed have been pretty laid back and relaxing. Tokyo certainly isn't that. Tokyo is all city. For the tourist it's fast paced and bright lights and lots of excitement. I would love to experience so much of Tokyo. I want sushi. I want to visit the Owl and Cat cafes. I want to go see the Robot Restaurant show. I want to experience everything Hello Kitty and Sailor Moon and I want to go Kawaii Crazy!! I want to experience so much of Tokyo's culture.
Hello Kitty Cafe
5. New Zealand

New Zealand is such a beautiful country. Many epic movies with incredible scenery such as Lord of the Rings has been filmed there. I want to explore this incredible island and experience it's beauty and island culture. I want to traverse the beaches and mountains and emerald hills. I want to live it up in the cities and embrace Maori tribal cultures. New Zealand seems so clean, so wild, yet so diversely cultured. It's definitely on my list. 
Auckland, New Zealand 

I thought this was going to be a short blog to write but in reality I have spent hours exploring these places online. I may not be able to visit them in person yet, but with the power of the internet, I can travel all over the world through images and other peoples' points of view. Where would you like to travel? Leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment