Friday, February 3, 2017

DragonmamaCooks Baked Mac & Cheese


Some days I enjoy cooking a nice big dinner. Other days, it's all I can do to make it to the fridge for a sandwich. I do have loved ones to feed. Casseroles are an easy way to get meal time done without a whole lot of effort. Today I want to share my absolute comfort food dish. It's loaded with cheesy goodness and lots of calories but it's oh so yummy! This is so simple and inexpensive and you can change it up so many ways to fit what you and your family like. I'll lay down the basics and then you can use your imagination for add on's or change ups.

Dragonmama's Baked Mac & Cheese

1 lb Elbow noodles
1 lb Medium cheddar cheese (or any cheese you choose)
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 stick of butter
Salt 
Pepper
Garlic salt

Set oven to 350. Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, cut cheese into small cubes. I prefer to cube my cheese rather than use shredded cheese. It just tastes better to me. If you are adding any extras, now would be a good time to prep them as well. Once noodles are cooked add the butter, tomato sauce, spices, and about 3/4 of your cheese to the pot and give it all a good stir to combine. Pour it all into a 9x13 baking pan (or whatever lg/med baking pan you have that it will all fit in). Top with the remainder of the cheese. Pop in the oven for about 30 mins. I recommend you let this cool for just a little bit before you eat but it's all up to you. Enjoy!

Alternatives and Additions
Gluten free noodles can be used instead
2nd can of tomato sauce if you like it saucy
1 lb Shredded cheese for those days when you just can't 
1/2 lb x 2 of your favorite cheeses combined
Slice kielbasa or other link sausage to mix in or layer on top 
Add bacon, chicken, or hamburger
Use tomato soup instead of tomato sauce

If you try this, please leave me a comment below and let me know how it turns out!! Also I would love to hear from you in the comments what your favorite comfort food recipes are! I would love to try some and maybe even feature them in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment