Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day Rant

This will probably be a short post. It is definitely a rant post. My week so far has not been the best. I have been so ill. I'm dealing with some extreme womanly issues that I seriously need to go to the doctor about but I cannot afford to go to the doctor. Yesterday was very rough. I was in extreme pain and very weak due to extreme menorrhagia. My boyfriend surprised me with flowers and cooked us steak and potatoes for lunch. His valentine's treat was the best part of the whole day and honestly the best part of my whole week so far. He is amazing. After we ate lunch, he went to work and I took a nap. My menorrhagia was getting worse and worse. I was so dizzy and was cramping so badly I couldn't stand it. I was certain I was anemic from blood loss. I finally went to the hospital where I sat in the lobby for two hours while there were people back and forth ranting about someone getting pistol whipped and her throat slit. I'm thinking in my head that this is a small town, not Chicago. This crazy kinda gangster stuff shouldn't be happening in a little place like this. Apparently after listening to some nurses, there have been a few shootings in this town recently. That's crazy. I have enough to stress about as it is. I don't need to worry about some stupid punk coming and drive by shooting me while i'm taking my chihuahua out to poop at night. This town only has like 5 red lights. It's small town, USA. Come on! The lady who had her throat cut was life flighted out and I was finally triaged and sent to the back. After blood work it was deemed I was not anemic. They wanted to try to get a urine sample out of me but I was so dehydrated. They told me I was dehydrated but just not quite enough for an IV. ??? I'm just astonished. I don't go to the hospital unless I feel I truly need medical attention. At this point I started having an anxiety attack. I was so frustrated with how I was feeling and how I felt that I was being basically ignored. I was having to request feminine pads every 20-30 due to such extreme blood loss. I felt like I was having a miscarriage or something. I finally told the doctor I just wanted to go home if they weren't going to do anything so I could have my anxiety attack and die of blood loss in the peace and comfort of my own bed or bathtub. They give me tylenol with codeine and send me on my way.

Boyfriend calls us a ride home and we leave the hospital, picking up some burgers and fries since I'm starving. Haven't had fast food in months. Get home, take all my meds and sit down to eat. Next thing I know, my chihuahua, Gucci, is acting weird, shaking his head, crouched on the floor, trying to crawl backwards, and can't walk straight. He's having a seizure. Can this friggin night get any worse?? Fortunately, him having a seizure is one thing I have prepared myself for. He has hydrocephalus and I knew one day, seizures would come. We've been lucky it's been almost five years for his first one. His seizure certainly knocked me out of my anxiety attack. I took action and spoke softly to him and loved on him until it was over. Thankfully, he was back to his Gucci self within half an hour or so.

Today I have just been resting with Gucci. I'm still really weak and dizzy. My amazing and wonderful boyfriend has been so attentive and loving. I really was blessed with a man who loves me through thick and thin. So many men would not do some of the things my man does for me. I have some homemade veggie and beef soup simmering on the stove. It was easy to make and pretty healthy. I have to eat iron rich foods right now or take iron supplements to replace what I'm losing. I'm actually going to go stir the soup now and then back to bed rest. Thanks for listening to me rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment