Sunday, December 18, 2016

"All For You" A Poem

I am still not feeling so well so here is an old poem I wrote that I want to share for my daily blog.

When I look into the silvered glass
Who regretfully do I see
A person I don’t like anymore
This person unfortunately is me

I know I should be more positive
But around you it’s so hard
Your shallowness brings me down
My heart ripped apart and scarred

Never before had I so much self doubt
Always confident with who I am
Your opinions mean so much to me
Now my previous self seems such a sham

I long to gain your affections
What you say must be true
I’ll mold myself to what you need
I want to be perfect just for you

I’ll leave my safe haven
To follow you to lands far and unknown
Each day I’ll be desperately hoping
That maybe, in your heart, for me love has grown

I’ll never give up on you
For I Love You that much
Even though you make me despise who I am
I live every day hoping to feel your touch

You’re the reason I live
Why can’t you just wake up and see
I’m nothing, nobody

With or without you next to me

Original poem by me
Not sure when I wrote this

No comments:

Post a Comment