Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Gucci

I want to share a story about one of the most precious critters in my life. My old boss lady told me her chihuahua had a litter of puppies and told me I could have one if I wanted. I agreed to a time to take a look at the puppies and see if there was one that I wanted. I knew I wanted a girl if I got one. (Note, my memory is messed up so i'm recalling this the best I remember) The thing was, I was living with my brother. I knew if I wanted a puppy, I would have to get him on board as well. I asked him to go with me. There were 4 pups. 1 brown female, 1 black female, and 2 black males. At first I wanted the brown female. She was so pretty. My brother liked her as well. And she was the different colored one. I usually like the oddball, the different one. The pups were kept in the kitchen and their crate was in the far corner. Three of the pups, including my little girl were running around happily. The little runt was hanging out in the crate. He was a little cutie but he just kinda hid in the crate. As I was standing in the doorway of the kitchen talking to everyone, I felt a little tug on my pants. I looked down and it was the little runt. Everyone looked astonished. They said he never left the crate. I reached down, picked him up, looked into his little face, and fell in love. He picked me. They called him Special Puppy. He was certainly special. My brother and I went home with two puppies that day. He with the little brown girl pup, and me with my little special puppy. 

I named my special little puppy Gucci. He was an ugly little fellow. But he was so beautiful to me. Being the runt that he was, he just happened to come with some birth defect and health issues. His little tail has some broken points in it, he walks funny sometimes, and the major issue is his hydrocephalus. Hydrocephalus, which literally means “water on the brain,” is a buildup of fluid inside the skull. This accumulation puts pressure on the brain, causing signs such as an enlarged, dome-shaped head, seizures, blindness, and behavioral changes. Gucci had, and still has, a very large soft spot on the top of his head. His first vet visit was very nerve wracking for me. The vet didn't encourage a very long life span. His birthday was April 29th, 2012. 

Needless to say, Gucci is still alive and very healthy. He is my little heart. He comforts me somehow that is just so hard to explain. He and I have been through so much together through the past several years. He loves me unconditionally. He doesn't judge me. He won't cheat on me. He won't take advantage of me. He is my little buddy. I love him so much and I do believe it would cause me serious emotional distress if I ever didn't have him in my life. I love how he loves cheese and chicken and pizza bones. I love how he runs around the house like a little crack doggy when he is excited. I love how he greets me when I come home. I love how he howls when I whistle or try to sing opera. I really love to feel his warm little self curled up next to me. I love listening to him snore like a train. I love his old man goatee. I just love everything about my little dog. I am now gonna go snuggle with my little dog after I add a few pics. I hope you all go and give your pet a cuddle after you read this.












No comments:

Post a Comment